An all-time favorite recipe, Caramelized Onion-Gorgonzola Pizza is yummy and so simple to prepare.—Taste of Home Cooking School
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 large sweet onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek olives, chopped
- Divide bread dough in half. Press each portion onto a 12-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray; build up edges slightly. Prick dough several times with a fork. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter with brown sugar. Add onions; cook for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Brush dough with oil. Combine the basil, oregano and garlic powder; sprinkle over dough. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes.
- Arrange onions and tomatoes over crusts; sprinkle with cheeses and olives. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 2 pizzas (6 slices each).
Originally published as Caramelized Onion-Gorgonzola Pizza in Taste of Home February/March 2008, p65
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Caramelized Onion-Gorgonzola Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review