Caramelized Onion Focaccia Recipe
- 3 large sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Marsala wine or apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the onions, brown sugar, wine, salt and pepper in butter over medium-low heat for 30-40 minutes or until onions are caramelized, stirring frequently.
- 2. On a greased baking sheet, roll out pizza crust into a 13-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Brush with oil. Top with onions and cheese.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece: 116 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Caramelized Onion Focaccia
"Fantastic! Made as directed and came out perfectly."
"This recipe is very good, and very easy to make. It's a keeper, for sure."