- 3 large sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon marsala wine or apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the onions, brown sugar, wine, salt and pepper in butter over medium-low heat for 30-40 minutes or until onions are caramelized, stirring frequently.
- On a greased baking sheet, roll out pizza crust into a 13-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Brush with oil. Top with onions and cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Caramelized Onion Focaccia in Country Woman December/January 2009, p26
Reviews for Caramelized Onion Focaccia
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2015
"Fantastic! Made as directed and came out perfectly."
Reviewed Jan. 11, 2010
"This recipe is very good, and very easy to make. It's a keeper, for sure."