- 3 large sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon marsala wine or apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the onions, brown sugar, wine, salt and pepper in butter over medium-low heat for 30-40 minutes or until onions are caramelized, stirring frequently.
- On a greased baking sheet, roll out pizza crust into a 13-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Brush with oil. Top with onions and cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Caramelized Onion Focaccia in Country Woman December/January 2009, p26
Reviews for Caramelized Onion Focaccia
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 11, 2010
This recipe is very good, and very easy to make. It's a keeper, for sure.
More Recipe Collections
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Italian Bread Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >