Caramelized Onion-Bacon Burgers Recipe
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 bacon strips, halved
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1. Place 1/3 cup barbecue sauce in a small bowl. Crumble beef over barbecue sauce and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain. In another skillet, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Spread buns with remaining butter; set aside. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese. Grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted.
- 4. Place buns, cut side down, on grill for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Spread buns with barbecue sauce; serve burgers on buns with onion and bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burger equals 645 calories, 40 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 137 mg cholesterol, 1,153 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Caramelized Onion-Bacon Burgers
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.