Caramelized Onion 'n' Pear Pizza Recipe
- 1 large red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 2 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 cups ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1/3 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add sugar; cook and stir over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until onions are caramelized.
- 2. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan; spread with onion to within 1 in. of edges. Layer with pears and cheeses. Bake at 450° for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with greens and tomato. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with hazelnuts. Yield: 8 slices.
1 slice: 348 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 537mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Caramelized Onion 'n' Pear Pizza
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.