Caramelized Onion 'n' Pear Pizza Recipe
- 1 large red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 2 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 cups ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1/3 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add sugar; cook and stir over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until onions are caramelized.
- 2. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan; spread with onion to within 1 in. of edges. Layer with pears and cheeses. Bake at 450° for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with greens and tomato. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with hazelnuts. Yield: 8 slices.
1 slice: 348 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 537mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein .
Reviews for Caramelized Onion 'n' Pear Pizza
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.