- Drizzle with remaining canola oil. Wrap foil around garlic. Bake at
- 425° for 15-20 minutes. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Squeeze softened garlic into a large bowl. Add the mushrooms, water,
- cornstarch, sesame oil, salt, pepper and caramelized onion; mix
- well. Crumble sausage over mixture and mix well.
- Place 1 tablespoon of filling in the center of one wrapper. (Until
- ready to use, keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp towel to
- prevent them from drying out.) Moisten entire edge with water. Fold
- wrapper over filling to form a semicircle. Press edges firmly to
- seal, pleating the front side to form three to five folds.
- Holding sealed edges, stand each dumpling on an even surface; press
- to flatten bottom. Curve ends to form a crescent shape. Repeat with
- remaining wrappers and filling.
- In a large skillet, heat 1-1/2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat.
- In batches, arrange dumplings flat side down in pan; cook for 1 to 2
- minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Add 1/4 cup water;
- bring to a simmer. Cover and steam for 4-6 minutes or until water is
- almost absorbed and filling is no longer pink.
- Uncover; cook for 1 minute or until bottoms are crisp and water is
- evaporated. Serve with soy sauce. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 potsticker (calculated without soy sauce) equals 49 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 74 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer