Caramelized Onion & Pork Potstickers Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 3 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) pot sticker or gyoza wrappers
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup water, divided
- Reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1. In a small skillet, saute onion in 1 teaspoon canola oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 30 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, place garlic on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Drizzle with remaining canola oil. Wrap foil around garlic. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- 3. Squeeze softened garlic into a large bowl. Add the mushrooms, water, cornstarch, sesame oil, salt, pepper and caramelized onion; mix well. Crumble sausage over mixture and mix well.
- 4. Place 1 tablespoon of filling in the center of one wrapper. (Until ready to use, keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp towel to prevent them from drying out.) Moisten entire edge with water. Fold wrapper over filling to form a semicircle. Press edges firmly to seal, pleating the front side to form three to five folds.
- 5. Holding sealed edges, stand each dumpling on an even surface; press to flatten bottom. Curve ends to form a crescent shape. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- 6. In a large skillet, heat 1-1/2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. In batches, arrange dumplings flat side down in pan; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Add 1/4 cup water; bring to a simmer. Cover and steam for 4-6 minutes or until water is almost absorbed and filling is no longer pink.
- 7. Uncover; cook for 1 minute or until bottoms are crisp and water is evaporated. Serve with soy sauce. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 potsticker (calculated without soy sauce) equals 49 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 74 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer