Caramelized Grapefruit Salad Recipe
- 1/3 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and cut into segments
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- 3/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat honey mustard salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook and stir pecans and 2 tablespoons sugar for 2-4 minutes or until sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool.
- 2. Coat grapefruit segments with remaining sugar. Coat the same skillet with cooking spray; cook grapefruit over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, cucumber, onions, avocado and bacon. Drizzle with salad dressing and toss to coat.
- 4. Divide salad among four serving plates. Top with grapefruit and pecans; sprinkle with pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 249 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 5g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Caramelized Grapefruit Salad
"The grapefruit doesn't add much. It tastes better without the grapefruit."
"This salad is wonderful for a change and adds a lot of texture and flavor."