Caramelized Bacon Twists
"A friend gave me this recipe to use at a bridal shower brunch, and the sweet chewy bacon strips were a big hit," recalls Jane Paschke from University Park, Florida. Lining the pan with foil before baking helps cut down on cleanup.
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Cut each bacon strip in half widthwise. Combine brown sugar and
- cinnamon. Dip bacon strips in sugar mixture; twist.
- Place on a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 350° for 15-20 minutes or until crisp. Serve; or cool and freeze
- in an airtight container for up to 1 month. Yield: 3 dozen.
To use frozen bacon: Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until heated through.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 each) equals 143 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.