Caramelized Apple Rings
When my children were little, they liked fruit, so I tried to make several dishes with different fruit. This recipe was one of their favorites. We lived close to an apple farm, so we always had apples on hand.
-Helen Steele, Polk City, Florida
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 large tart apple, cored and cut into 1/2-inch rings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- In a small skillet, cook apples in butter until tender. Sprinkle with
- brown sugar. Cook until apples are golden brown and caramelized,
- about 5 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.