Caramelized Angel Food Cake Sundaes
Angel food gets a sinful makeover with this easy recipe. If you have them on hand, fresh sliced strawberries make a wonderful addition. Yum! Jessica Ring - Chicago, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 slices angel food cake
- 6 scoops fudge ripple ice cream
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and confectioner's
- sugar until smooth. In another bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar
- and cinnamon until light and fluffy.
- Spread butter mixture over the top and sides of each cake slice.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for
- 1-2 minutes or until bubbly. Cool slightly. Serve with ice cream and
- sour cream mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice of cake with 1/2 cup ice cream and about 2 tablespoons sour cream mixture equals 404 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.