Caramelized Angel Food Cake Sundaes Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 slices angel food cake
- 6 scoops fudge ripple ice cream
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and confectioner's sugar until smooth. In another bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until light and fluffy.
- 2. Spread butter mixture over the top and sides of each cake slice. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly. Cool slightly. Serve with ice cream and sour cream mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice of cake with 1/2 cup ice cream and about 2 tablespoons sour cream mixture equals 404 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Caramelized Angel Food Cake Sundaes
"Kids loved it (and so did I)! I buttered all sides and flipped the slices over to broil the bottom as well. Served with sour cream mixture and fresh strawberries."
"LOVE doing this recipe on the grill or in a grill pan. The grill marks make this lovely. You can use any ice cream you like. We found an apple pie ice cream this summer and it is to DIE FOR with this caramelized angel food cake!"
"Delicious! Followed recipe except for "buttering" all sides..the bottom included. Turned out perfect anyway! Served it with the fudge swirl ice cream too...you could have any flavor ice cream. Was really easy, fast and simple. Well worth it!"
"This was excellent and easy! I didn't have it with ice cream but it is excellent with the sour cream mixture."