Angel food gets a sinful makeover with this easy recipe. If you have them on hand, fresh sliced strawberries make a wonderful addition. Yum! Jessica Ring - Chicago, Illinois
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 slices angel food cake
- 6 scoops fudge ripple ice cream
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and confectioner's sugar until smooth. In another bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until light and fluffy.
- Spread butter mixture over the top and sides of each cake slice. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly. Cool slightly. Serve with ice cream and sour cream mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Caramelized Angel Food Cake Sundaes in Simple & Delicious March/April 2010, p31
Reviews for Caramelized Angel Food Cake Sundaes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review