To round out a great Mexican meal, I serve these. The chewy bars have a tasty oatmeal crust that's covered with gooey caramel ice cream topping, chocolate chips and walnuts.—Rhonda McKee, Greensburg, Kansas
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir in butter and mix well.
- 2. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- 3. Combine caramel topping and remaining flour until blended; drizzle over chips. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake 20-22 minutes longer or until bubbly. Cool completely; cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 130 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Caramelitas
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC