- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir in butter and mix well.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Combine caramel topping and remaining flour until blended; drizzle over chips. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake 20-22 minutes longer or until bubbly. Cool completely; cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Caramelitas
Sort By :
"These are excellent! I love making them in the fall!"
"We didn't really like these. I baked for 20 min, just as the recipe said, but they seemed way over baked. They just weren't anything special."
"These were very greasy and there were too many chocolate chips. I couldn't taste the caramel at all. If I were to make these again, I would try decreasing the butter and chocolate chips to 1/2 cup each."
"This was a huge hit with my family during the holidays! You can't eat just one!"
"These are excellent - they taste like a candy bar! I used chopped pecans instead of the walnuts - super!!"