Caramel Whiskey Cookies Recipe
A bit of yogurt replaces part of the butter in the traditional cookie, but you would never know. I get a lot of requests for these and can’t make a cookie tray without them. —Priscilla Yee, Concord, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:48 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 24 caramels
- 1 tablespoon whiskey
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until crumbly. Beat in yogurt, oil and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with bottom of a glass dipped in flour. Bake 7-9 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a microwave, melt caramels with whiskey; stir until smooth. Spread over cookies. Drizzle with chocolate; sprinkle with salt if desired. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie (calculated without kosher salt) equals 93 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC