- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 24 caramels
- 1 tablespoon whiskey
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until crumbly. Beat in yogurt, oil and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with bottom of a glass dipped in flour. Bake 7-9 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt caramels with whiskey; stir until smooth. Spread over cookies. Drizzle with chocolate; sprinkle with salt if desired. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel Whiskey Cookies
Sort By :
"This is award winning. Baked these for Christmas gifts & got rave reviews."
"Wonderful! The basic cookie is a great foundation for all types of toppings, and the cookies are easy!"
"I too felt the dough was fairly crumbly. I refrigerated it overnight though and was able to easily form balls the following evening. I took the cookies to our departmental holiday potluck and they were a huge success. Maybe reducing the flour by 1/2 cup would do the trick. Happy Holiday Baking! Rachel"
"I was really looking forward to these cookies. I measured everything correctly but there was no way you could shape these into balls, they were too crumbly. I did try to squeeze them into a ball but as soon as I tried to press them with the glass they just crumbled to pieces. So the dough just ended up in the trash. I would love some suggestions as to what went wrong. They look so good in the picture"