Caramel Toffee Bombe
Cheryl Miller, Ft. Collins, Colorado, needs only five ingredients to put together this impressive dessert. Gingersnap cookies form the full-flavored "shell" over vanilla ice cream dressed up with crushed toffee candy bars.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 3/4 cup crushed gingersnaps (about 14 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- Line a 3-cup bowl with plastic wrap. Combine cookie crumbs and
- butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of prepared bowl. In
- a large bowl, beat ice cream and chopped candy bars until blended;
- spoon into crust. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Trim edge of crust even with ice cream if necessary. Invert onto a
- serving platter; remove plastic wrap. Let stand 10 minutes before
- cutting. Drizzle with caramel topping. Yield: 4-6 servings.