Cheryl Miller, Ft. Collins, Colorado, needs only five ingredients to put together this impressive dessert. Gingersnap cookies form the full-flavored "shell" over vanilla ice cream dressed up with crushed toffee candy bars.
- 3/4 cup crushed gingersnaps (about 14 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- Line a 3-cup bowl with plastic wrap. Combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of prepared bowl. In a large bowl, beat ice cream and chopped candy bars until blended; spoon into crust. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Trim edge of crust even with ice cream if necessary. Invert onto a serving platter; remove plastic wrap. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Drizzle with caramel topping. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Caramel Toffee Bombe in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p13
Reviews for Caramel Toffee Bombe
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review