In my opinion, cookies are the best dessert to make...and to eat! With a crisp outside and chewy caramel filling, these are likely one of my very favorites.
78 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 30 caramels
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and brown sugar until
- light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and flavoring. Gradually beat
- flour into creamed mixture. Refrigerate 2 hours or until easy to
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt caramels; stir until smooth. Stir in
- cream cheese until blended; set aside. Divide dough in half. Roll
- each portion between two pieces of waxed paper to 1/4-in. thickness.
- Spread caramel mixture over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Wrap
- rolls in plastic wrap; refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in.
- slices. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 12-14
- minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to