Caramel-Swirl Cheesecake Dessert Recipe
A rich ricotta-cream cheese filling, and a luscious caramel drizzle make this dessert from Gilda Lester of Millsboro, Delaware irresistible.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling YIELD:12-15 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut, lightly toasted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and coconut; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- 2. Press into a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and ricotta until blended. Add sugar and flour and mix well. Combine cream and vanilla; gradually beat into cream cheese mixture. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- 4. Spread filling over crust. Drizzle with caramel topping; gently cut through filling with a knife to swirl.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1-1/2 hours. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC