- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut, lightly toasted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and coconut; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Press into a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and ricotta until blended. Add sugar and flour and mix well. Combine cream and vanilla; gradually beat into cream cheese mixture. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Spread filling over crust. Drizzle with caramel topping; gently cut through filling with a knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1-1/2 hours. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Caramel-Swirl Cheesecake Dessert
"Subtle flavor, lighter texture but yummy. Must let sit up over night."
"This was fantastic! I made it for a friend at work and there wasn't one tiny morsel left. My only recommendation is if you want a really caramel-y flavor, either increase the amount of caramel OR omit it from the recipe & serve it on the side to top the cheesecake with.The texture & taste was great! I will absolutely make it again. And use the cheesecake as a base to experiment with (like with fruit or chocolate swirl?!)"
"My crust stuck to the pan a little bit and not really sure why. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to let this dessert cool and chill."
"Wow, think this is the best caramel cheesecake ever!!"
"This sounds so good! My family loves cheese cakes and my son especially loves caramel. I'm always looking for new ideas to try. I'll be making this very soon."