Our family loves sweet rolls. This is my favorite recipe because it calls for a tube of ready-made breadstick dough, so it's so easy. The sweet rolls take just minutes to assemble but taste like you spent hours making them.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cream until sugar is dissolved. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll breadstick dough (do not separate). Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Reroll, starting with a short end. Cut into six slices. Place cut side down in prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Caramel Sweet Rolls in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p31
Reviews for Caramel Sweet Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review