Our family loves sweet rolls. This is my favorite recipe because it calls for a tube of ready-made breadstick dough, so it's so easy. The sweet rolls take just minutes to assemble but taste like you spent hours making them.
Recommended: 18 Recipes to Make with Apple Cider
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cream until sugar is dissolved. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll breadstick dough (do not separate). Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Reroll, starting with a short end. Cut into six slices. Place cut side down in prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Caramel Sweet Rolls in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p31
Reviews for Caramel Sweet Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2014
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2010
"This is a fantastic, fast and super easy recipe to make. Made them and took them to work. Everybody loved them and wanted the recipe. I used pecans instead of walnuts. Try this, you won't regret it."