Caramel Sweet Potatoes Recipe
The sauce is the star of this recipe. It really does taste like butterscotch. It is a nice side dish for poultry or ham.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Drain and transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 15 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; pour over sweet potatoes. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until glazed, basting frequently. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 182 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC