- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1 cup apple butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Whipped cream and additional caramel ice cream topping
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Sprinkle with walnuts and drizzle with ice cream topping. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sweet potato, apple butter, brown sugar, milk, vanilla, salt and spices until blended. Pour into pastry.
- Bake at 400° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack.
- Garnish with whipped cream and additional ice cream topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Caramel Sweet Potato Pie
Sort By :
Great texture and flavor!!
I made this pie last night and it is EXCELLENT! Light and fluffy and the spices are just right! Unusual twist with the caramel and walnuts on the bottom. I would increase the walnuts to 3/4 cup.
Pie was good. The taste is similar to pumpkin.