Caramel Sweet Potato Apple Bake Recipe
"A caramel-like sauce made with apricot nectar sets this casserole apart from ordinary sweet potato dishes," writes Gail Glende of Woodland, California. "It's great for the holidays or anytime," she assures.
- 4 cups cooked sweet potato wedges
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1. Arrange sweet potatoes and apple slices in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in the apricot nectar, water and orange peel until blended; add butter. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in pecans if desired. Pour over sweet potato mixture. Cover and bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until apples are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 205 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Sweet Potato Apple Bake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC