"A caramel-like sauce made with apricot nectar sets this casserole apart from ordinary sweet potato dishes," writes Gail Glende of Woodland, California. "It's great for the holidays or anytime," she assures.
Recommended: 28 Apple Recipes to Make in a 13x9 Pan
- 4 cups cooked sweet potato wedges
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Arrange sweet potatoes and apple slices in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in the apricot nectar, water and orange peel until blended; add butter. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in pecans if desired. Pour over sweet potato mixture. Cover and bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until apples are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Apple Bake in Quick Cooking November/December 2000 , p17
Reviews for Caramel Sweet Potato Apple Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review