Caramel Sweet Potato Apple Bake Recipe
"A caramel-like sauce made with apricot nectar sets this casserole apart from ordinary sweet potato dishes," writes Gail Glende of Woodland, California. "It's great for the holidays or anytime," she assures.
- 4 cups cooked sweet potato wedges
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Arrange sweet potatoes and apple slices in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in the apricot nectar, water and orange peel until blended; add butter. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in pecans if desired. Pour over sweet potato mixture. Cover and bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until apples are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Apple Bake in Quick Cooking December 2000, p17
Reviews for Caramel Sweet Potato Apple Bake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Side Dishes >
- Sweet Potato Casserole Recipes >
- Sweet Potato Recipes >