Caramel Snack Mix
Instead of the usual savory cereal snack mix, this version gets just the right amount of sweetness from brown sugar and corn syrup.
—Barbara Strohbehn, Gladbrook, Iowa
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 6 cups Rice Chex
- 6 cups Corn Chex
- 6 cups Crispix
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Grease three 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans; set aside. In a
- large heat-proof bowl, combine the cereals; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring the butter, brown sugar
- and corn syrup to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat. Simmer,
- uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the
- heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal and stir until well coated.
- Transfer to prepared pans. Bake, uncovered, at 200° for 1 hour,
- stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely. Break apart and store in
- airtight containers. Yield: 4-1/2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 200 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.