- 7 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 6 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 3 to 4 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons of butter. Add brown sugar, 1/4 cup of sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in water and rhubarb; cook and stir until thickened, 5-8 minutes. Add food coloring if desired. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar. Melt remaining butter; add to dry ingredients with milk. Mix well. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto rhubarb mixture. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until the fruit is bubbly and the top is golden brown. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Caramel Rhubarb Cobbler in Taste of Home April/May 1998, p25
Reviews for Caramel Rhubarb Cobbler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2011
"Excellent flavor. I made this for a pot luck and it was the first to go."