Caramel Pumpkin Tiramisu Recipe
"I'm not fond of traditional tiramisu, so I used pumpkin and bourbon in place of coffee and it's absolutely fabulous. I always make extra sauce and eat it over vanilla ice cream. It's so good, I can't leave it alone!" – Mary Filipiak, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- 18 crisp ladyfinger cookies
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 teaspoons bourbon
- Using a serrated knife, cut six ladyfingers in half widthwise. In a shallow bowl, combine maple syrup and bourbon. Dip six whole ladyfingers and six halves into mixture; arrange in a single layer in an 8-in. square dish.
- In a small bowl, beat 1/2 cup cream until it begins to thicken. Gradually add sugar; beat until soft peaks form. In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger and salt; fold in whipped cream. In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and remaining cream until thickened.
- Spread half of pumpkin mixture over ladyfingers in the dish. Dip remaining ladyfingers; arrange over the top. Top with remaining pumpkin mixture and the cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a microwave, heat caramel sauce; stir in bourbon. Serve warm with tiramisu. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Caramel Pumpkin Tiramisu in Taste of Home December/January 2011, p97
Reviews for Caramel Pumpkin Tiramisu(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2011
A family member made this recipe for Thanksgiving dinner 2011. I am going to make it for Christmas dinner. It is fantastic! Thank you so much!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Italian Desserts >
- Italian Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Pumpkin Desserts >
- Pumpkin Recipes >