Caramel Pudding Cake
This recipe dates back to the 1800s. It was a favorite of my father's and is now a hit with a husband. It works especially well when you've had a busy day and need to make a dessert pronto!
9 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups cold water
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture
- with milk. Stir until smooth. Stir in raisins.
- Spread in a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Combine brown sugar and
- cold water; pour over batter. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or
- until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 332 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 296 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.