- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 4 cups pretzel sticks
- 2-1/2 cups pecan halves, toasted
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon shortening, divided
- 1/3 cup white baking chips
- Line a 13x9-in. pan with foil; grease foil with softened butter. Spread pretzels and pecans on bottom of prepared pan.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar, cubed butter, corn syrup, milk and salt; cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 240°(soft-ball stage). Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Pour over pretzel mixture.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over caramel layer. In microwave, melt baking chips and remaining shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over top. Let stand until set.
- Using foil, lift candy out of pan; remove foil. Using a buttered knife, cut candy into bite-size pieces. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel Pretzel Bites
Sort By :
"These are awesome! Never made candy before so it takes a while to get the caramel to the right consistency. Would definitely make these again. I ended up freezing half for another time."
"Excellent tasting bites! However, they do take quite a while to make. Suggestion: make sure you grease both the bottom & the sides of the foil (I may try Pam next time) as they are hard to get off the foil. Also, I had to add about 2 T half n half to the chocolate morsels to get them smooth enough to spread over the caramel. They are definitely a hit with friends!!! (me too!)"
"Excellent recipe!!! I receive a lot of requests for these, as well as the recipe. Love the combination of flavors from the pecans, caramel and pretzels. Very easy to make. Just be sure not to scorch the caramel when you use a higher heat. Very addicting!"
"These are amazing!!"
"Just awesome and very simple. I loved it. I not a great fan of the pretzels but next time I could do without."