- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 4 cups pretzel sticks
- 2-1/2 cups pecan halves, toasted
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon shortening, divided
- 1/3 cup white baking chips
- Line a 13x9-in. pan with foil; grease foil with softened butter. Spread pretzels and pecans on bottom of prepared pan.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar, cubed butter, corn syrup, milk and salt; cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 240°(soft-ball stage). Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Pour over pretzel mixture.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over caramel layer. In microwave, melt baking chips and remaining shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over top. Let stand until set.
- Using foil, lift candy out of pan; remove foil. Using a buttered knife, cut candy into bite-size pieces. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel Pretzel Bites
Sort By :
"These are amazing!!"
"Just awesome and very simple. I loved it. I not a great fan of the pretzels but next time I could do without."
"Wonderful - Easy to make and a hit with the crowd - I always experiment with the family first they were a hit - took some to work - also a hit - definitely a keeper"
"Oh my this sounds wonderful and not to difficult. Just need to buy a candy thermometer!! Cant wait to try this recipe!"