Caramel Praline-Topped Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 16 whole vanilla wafers
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 25 caramels
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, mix wafer crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Arrange whole wafers, rounded sides out, along sides of pan, pressing lightly into crumbs.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
In a microwave, melt caramels with milk; stir until smooth. Remove rim from pan. Drizzle cheesecake with caramel mixture; sprinkle with pecans.
Freeze option: Wrap individual portions of cheesecake in plastic wrap and place in a resealable plastic freezer bag. Seal bag and freeze for future use. To use, thaw completely in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 422 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Praline-Topped Cheesecake
"my famely like this cheesecake."
"Easy to make and everyone loved it."
"I have made cheesecakes for years and do this one low carb. version. I use sugar free caramel sauce and sugar free melted chocolate, top with pecans. i use sugar free short bread cookies for the crust. Use c & h sugar with steiva or splenda for baking. I leave out the sour cream when I use 1/3 fat cream cheese. Try this version of this one. I love cheese cake and this one is so easy. When baking it put foil all around the pan and put inside another pan with hot water just to edges about 1/2 inch to side. Bake same time but I turn off oven and leave it in oven for 20 to 30 minutes. This help it to settle. I always cool down then refrig. for 4 o 6 hours or over night is better. I was making a idea for you out there."
"My family loves this cheesecake. I drizzle it with caramel ice cream topping and melted chocolate chips. When I make it for thanksgiving it's the first dessert to disappear."
"Simply loved this cheesecake!"
"I forgot to rate this recipe back in May. Have received more rave reviews and asked for the recipe EVERY time I take it to a function or gathering!"
"I made this the first time I saw it in the issue and it is a "must make" request ever since. Beautiful and delicious. Hint: drizzle caramel on top, do not cover, for easier slicing -- especially when cold (caramel hardens when cold). This is a beautiful and delicious recipe!"
"Easy cheesecake recipe. I serve carmel topping on the side. It comes out great every time; never any leftovers."
"A friend at work made this. It was totally awesome!"