Caramel Praline Cheesecake Recipe
- 7 whole graham crackers
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1. Place a greased 10-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- 2. In a food processor, combine graham crackers and pecans; cover and process until fine and crumbly. Stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Chill for 30 minutes.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, flour, milk and vanilla. Add eggs, beating on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 75-80 minutes or until center is almost set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Chill.
- 5. For topping, in a small heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, combine sugar and water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar begins to melt. Cook without stirring until dark reddish brown, about 15 minutes.
- 6. Reduce heat to low; gradually whisk in cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 225°. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool to room temperature.
- 7. Spread topping evenly over cheesecake (do not scrape sides of pan). Garnish with pecan halves. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 slice: 497 calories, 32g fat (16g saturated fat), 155mg cholesterol, 201mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Praline Cheesecake
"This cheesecake is absolutely amazing. I can't give it enough stars! I've made it for birthday parties, holidays, baby showers and my own graduation party =). The combination of cream cheese and sour cream actually IN the cake is the key, I think, to making this cheesecake the best I've ever had. Every time I make it it's gone. Try this recipe out! I have tried it without the caramel sauce, with a graham cracker crust, with fruit on top--you'll never need to find another plain cheesecake recipe."