There is a burst of cinnamon in every bite of these ooey gooey tender rolls. They are good to have on hand when someone drops in for a cup of coffee. Maybe that's why we have so many people dropping in for coffee.—Florence Jerome, Helena, Montana
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 36 pecan halves
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar, potato flakes, milk powder, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat water and oil to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add egg; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup and butter; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour into a well-greased 12x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with pecans.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 12x15-in. rectangle. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Brush melted butter to within 1/2 in. of edges; sprinkle with sugar mixture. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 rolls.
- Place rolls, cut side up, in dish. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°. Bake 25-30 minutes. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Caramel Potato Rolls in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p132
Reviews for Caramel Potato Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review