Caramel Popcorn Recipe
Plain microwave popcorn becomes irresistible when it's yummied up with molasses, peanut butter and nuts. “This awesome snack never lasts long around our house,” Jacque Castillo, Brookings, Oregon, notes.
- 3 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) microwave popcorn
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup salted roasted almonds
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1. Pop popcorn according to manufacturer's directions. Meanwhile, in a large heavy saucepan, combine the peanuts, almonds, brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, peanut butter and molasses. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda (mixture will foam). In a very large bowl, combine popcorn and pecans. Add hot syrup mixture and toss to coat. Spread onto greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 250° for 1 hour or until dry, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from pans to waxed paper to cool. Break into clusters. Store in airtight containers or plastic bags. Yield: 6 quarts.
Reviews for Caramel Popcorn
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC