Caramel Popcorn Bars
"Need a fun last-minute school snack or bake sale item?" asks Ruth Burrus of Zionsville, Indiana. "These popular bars are sweet and chewy and can be ready in just minutes."
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups honey graham cereal
- 1 cup M&M's® Brand Chocolate Candies
- 1 cup pretzel sticks, broken
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, combine popcorn, cereal, M&M's and pretzels; set
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn
- syrup and flour. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or
- until a candy thermometer reads 244°-248° (firm-ball stage),
- stirring after each minute.
- Immediately pour over popcorn mixture; toss to coat. Press into a
- buttered 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Cool completely. Cut
- into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 170 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.