Caramel Popcorn Bars Recipe
"Need a fun last-minute school snack or bake sale item?" asks Ruth Burrus of Zionsville, Indiana. "These popular bars are sweet and chewy and can be ready in just minutes."
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups honey graham cereal
- 1 cup milk chocolate M&M's
- 1 cup pretzel sticks, broken
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, combine popcorn, cereal, M&M's and pretzels; set aside.
- 2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and flour. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until a candy thermometer reads 244°-248° (firm-ball stage), stirring after each minute.
- 3. Immediately pour over popcorn mixture; toss to coat. Press into a buttered 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 170 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Popcorn Bars
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC