Caramel Pineapple Cake Recipe
"When guests serve this cake, no one ever guesses it's low fat," assures Amanda Denton of Barre, Vermont. "The lemon yogurt and pineapple add moistness missing in many reduced-fat cakes." It's scrumptious topped with caramel sauce.
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup nonfat lemon yogurt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- 1 to 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1. In a bowl, combine egg substitute and pineapple; mix well. Add the next seven ingredients and mix well. Spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until golden brown. For sauce, combine caramel topping and pineapple juice in a saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat just until bubbly Cool slightly. Serve warm over cake. Yield: 16 servings.
One serving with 2 tablespoons of sauce equals 241 calories, 258 sodium, trace cholesterol, 59 gm carbohydrate, 3 protein, trace fat.
Reviews for Caramel Pineapple Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC