Caramel Pineapple Cake Recipe
"When guests serve this cake, no one ever guesses it's low fat," assures Amanda Denton of Barre, Vermont. "The lemon yogurt and pineapple add moistness missing in many reduced-fat cakes." It's scrumptious topped with caramel sauce.
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup nonfat lemon yogurt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- 1 to 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- In a bowl, combine egg substitute and pineapple; mix well. Add the next seven ingredients and mix well. Spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until golden brown. For sauce, combine caramel topping and pineapple juice in a saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat just until bubbly Cool slightly. Serve warm over cake. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Caramel Pineapple Cake in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p49
Reviews for Caramel Pineapple Cake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2012
I have made this several times and then lost track of the recipe. It is delicious. I used eggs rather than egg substitute. I am very happy to have found this recipe again and can hardly wait to eat it again!