Caramel Pineapple Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup nonfat lemon yogurt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- 1 to 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- In a bowl, combine egg substitute and pineapple; mix well. Add the next seven ingredients and mix well. Spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until golden brown. For sauce, combine caramel topping and pineapple juice in a saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat just until bubbly Cool slightly. Serve warm over cake. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Caramel Pineapple Cake in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p49
Reviews for Caramel Pineapple Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2012
"I have made this several times and then lost track of the recipe. It is delicious. I used eggs rather than egg substitute. I am very happy to have found this recipe again and can hardly wait to eat it again!"