Caramel Pecans Recipe
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 cup butter, divided
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 pounds chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil; grease the foil with 2 teaspoons butter and set aside.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugars, corn syrup, 1 cup cream and the remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil. Slowly stir in the remaining cream. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 245° (firm-ball stage).
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan (do not scrape saucepan). Let stand until firm. Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Discard foil; cut candy into 1-in. squares. Wrap individually in waxed paper; twist ends. Yield: 4-1/4 pounds.
1 each: 107 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 19mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Caramel Pecans
"I have made several batches of these already, but I don't use nuts in them. The most common reaction I get is "Wow, I can't believe how good these are!" Everyone from my 7 year old cousin to my picky father loves them. They are definitely worth the effort, and a batch of them makes plenty to share!"
"I make ALOT of candy and ccookies at Christmas and so I tried this and have sence been told that these will be expected every year he he. my family and friends raved over them its a keeper. after you pour out the carmel set the pan down and with a sil.scraper mix up whats left in the pan and put on a plate and let cool ,,it gets hard and tast just like worthers hard candy .just thought I would share that .thanks TOH ,,I just love this mag,mitzy johnston ,addy wa."
"These were a hit at Christmas!"
"So delicious, and easy to make...definitely a "keeper"!"
"Loved these. Worth the time. Only problem is I can't eat just one. They would make a great gift item."