Caramel Pecans Recipe
"Make a pot of coffee or fix a drink, this takes a while! It's worth it though-this recipe is a family favorite and we always get requests for gifts of these chewy caramels." Darrell Brown, Lincoln, Nebraska
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 cup butter, divided
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 pounds chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil; grease the foil with 2 teaspoons butter and set aside.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugars, corn syrup, 1 cup cream and the remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil. Slowly stir in the remaining cream. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 245° (firm-ball stage).
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan (do not scrape saucepan). Let stand until firm. Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Discard foil; cut candy into 1-in. squares. Wrap individually in waxed paper; twist ends. Yield: 4-1/4 pounds.
1 piece equals 107 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 19 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Caramel Pecans
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC