Caramel Pecan Treasures
Fancy-looking cookies like these may take some time to prepare, but family and friends will surely be impressed! No one can resist the shortbread cookie, caramel filling and melted chocolate top sprinkled with pecans.
30 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + standing Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 30 caramels, halved and flattened
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1/2 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to
- creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets;
- flatten slightly. Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until golden
- brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Place a half-caramel on each cookie. Melt the chocolate chips and
- shortening; drizzle over cookies. Sprinkle with pecans. Let stand
- until firm. Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cookies equals 211 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium,