Caramel-Pecan Sticky Buns Recipe
My mother used to make delicious cinnamon rolls when I was a child. Later, she taught my sister and me to make them. I've since added the caramel and pecans. These scrumptious buns are a huge hit wherever I take them. —Judy Powell Star, Idaho
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3/4 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3-3/4 to 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, sugar, oil, salt and 1-1/4 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into an 18-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Spread butter to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- 4. Combine brown sugar and cream; pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with pecans. Place rolls cut side down over pecans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until well browned. Cool for 1 minute before inverting onto a serving platter. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 bun equals 405 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Caramel-Pecan Sticky Buns
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC