Caramel-Pecan Sticky Buns Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3/4 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3-3/4 to 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, sugar, oil, salt and 1-1/4 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into an 18-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Spread butter to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- 4. Combine brown sugar and cream; pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with pecans. Place rolls cut side down over pecans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until well browned. Cool for 1 minute before inverting onto a serving platter. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 bun equals 405 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Caramel-Pecan Sticky Buns
"Also made them the day before and put them in the fridge overnight. Very good!"
"Did this recipe for Christmas and made them the day before and left them in the fridge as another review suggested and just let them come up to room temp before popping them in the oven and they turned out great!Only thing I would change next time is a little less nuts but our family isn't huge on nuts in our sweet stuff but still enjoyed them very much"
"Excellent! They turned out wonderful! Family loved eating them Christmas morning!"
"Awesome recipe! best one I've tried yet."
"Yummy, yummy!! I made the dough in the bread machine, which makes it super easy to put this recipe together. They came out perfect! Will make them often...delicious and easy....couldn't ask for a better combination!"
"update on my sticky buns, they turned out wonderful!! I wish I could post a pic, so good!! yummmm!!"
"I just made these, and did an oopsy on the recipe, I mixed the white sugar with the brown sugar and cream, its rising right now, I hope it won't affect it? These are beautiful!! I will post again when they are done, thanks for posting this recipe! :-)"
"Delicious! Since I didn't have any heavy whipping cream, I used about 3/8 cup of warm milk and 1/6 cup of melted butter with the brown sugar. I am very happy with the result."
"OH MYYYYYY!!! These are SOOOO DELICIOUS! I used another users suggestion about evaporated milk & butter in place of the cream (because I didn't have any). The rolls themselves are PERFECT! I can not say enough wonderful things about this recipe!"
"Yummy!!!! I will be making this one again! Thanks for sharing the recipie. :)"
"Having no cream on hand, I used 1/2 cup butter (instead of 1/4 cup), plus 1/4 cup evaporated milk. I also melted the butter and mixed the filling ingredients, spreading 1/3 of the filling and nuts on the dough, and using the remaining 2/3 in the pan. The result was fabulous."
"These are absolutely the best-tasting cinnamon rolls I have ever made. I have been using this recipe for years, and my children are delighted when they find out I'm making them. Because they take a while to prepare, sometimes I prepare the recipe the night before and cover the pan with plastic wrap sprayed with cooking spray, placing the pan in the fridge. In the morning, I set the pan out to come to room temperature, then bake. I have also discovered that if you coat the rolling surface with canola or vegetable oil instead of flour, the dough is not quite as sticky, and makes for a very tender bread!"
"These have no competition! By far the best ever down -home flavor I've ever tasted. Simply wonderful!"