- or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4-in.
- thickness. Cut into 2-in. x 1-in. strips. Place 1 in. apart on
- greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove
- to wire racks to cool.
- For filling, combine caramels and milk in a large saucepan. Cook and
- stir over medium-low heat until caramels are melted and smooth.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the butter, sugar and pecans. Cool for
- 5 minutes. Spread 1 teaspoon over each cookie.
- For icing, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt chips and milk; stir until
- smooth. Stir in the butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Cool for
- 5 minutes.
- Spread 1 teaspoon icing on each cookie; top each with a pecan half.
- Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 260 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.