Caramel Pecan Rolls Recipe
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 7 to 7-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Set aside to cool to 120°-130°. In a bowl, combine 2 cups flour and yeast. Add cooled cornmeal mixture; beat on low until smooth. Add eggs and 1 cup of flour; mix for 1 minute. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn the dough onto a floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Combine the first three topping ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Sprinkle with pecans; set aside.
- 4. Punch dough down; divide in half. Roll each into a 12-in. x 15-in. rectangle; spread with butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Roll up dough from one long side; pinch seams and turn ends under. Cut each roll into 12 slices. Place 12 slices, cut side down, in each baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 5. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool 1 minute; invert onto a serving platter. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 365 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Pecan Rolls
"These turned out great! They were even good the second day, especially heated up."
"Holy Moly! These are so good!"
"I have made these as written and also by halving the recipe - same results! These do take a little more time, but I've had so many compliments and was asked where my bakery was (I'm a doctor). Just remember to flip the pan(s), as directed, or else you'll be scraping off the topping to add it to the rolls like I did the first time!"
"This is an excellent recipe, however the next time I make it I will cut it in half. I did put it in my breadmaker on the dough cycle after the liquid mixture had cooled. That worked out very well. This was a great Christmas morning treat!"
"The are FANTASTIC! Soft dough and wonderful sweetness. Made them for a truss crew and several on-looking families. Total hit! Even the best cooks in the crowd have made this their standard sticky bun recipe. We all love it!"
"These are the very best rolls I have ever made."
"Fabulous! The corn meal mixture makes the dough memorable. The visual appeal of these rolls is only outdone by their exceptional flavor. I once believed that I was yeast impaired, but this recipe proved otherwise."
"I have been making these for months now. My family loves them. I double up on the caramel though as we like them really gooey."
"I have made this recipe numerous times and everyone comments that they taste as good as they look. For a different taste, I make one pan carmel pecan and the other I will frost with a cream cheese frosting, elimitating the carmal pecan. That way, you get the best of all flavors! thanks so much for the wonderful recipe."
"These are absolutely the best rolls I have ever baked. They stay soft for several days. Excellent!"
"This recipe is amazing!!! I make them monthly!!"
"This dough is fabulous!!!!! I will use this formula for other recipes. Thanks for sharing!!janet7677"