- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add pecans; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until pecans are fragrant. Stir in brown sugar, cream and honey; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved and mixture begins to darken. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, whisk 2-1/4 cups flour, sugar, pie spice, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Add pumpkin, buttermilk, vanilla and yeast mixture; mix well.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times, adding additional flour if needed. Roll dough into a 9-in. square. Cut into 16 squares; arrange over pecan mixture. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight.
- Remove pan from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 400°. Uncover; bake 24-28 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully invert onto a platter; serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Caramel-Pecan Pumpkin Pull-Aparts
"So delicious! I love that this is a "make ahead" recipe!"
"These are wonderful, and so soft! Make sure to cook the topping long enough to caramelize , or the cream will curdle when you bake it. Doesn't affect the flavor just doesn't look as nice!"
"I tried these over this past weekend and they were a huge hit ! I agree with the other review that the dough is sticky, no more than usual compared to other home made sweet doughs I use in cinnamon rolls, just a heads up for those finding they need to add more flour when kneading to get the proper consistency. Thank you for sharing, it's a recipe going into my permanent collection !"
"These are fantastic. There are a couple people in my household that cannot have pecans, so I used flaked coconut instead. The results were yummy. I would have to say that the biscuit is the star of the show. The Carmel sauce is good, but the biscuits would be great with or without. The dough is very sticky to handle at first. I used wax paper and plenty of flour to knead which worked really well. I also made in the morning and baked 5 hours later instead of refrigerating overnight. I will be making this again. Thanks for sharing this recipe!"