Caramel Pecan Pound Cake Recipe
My state is known for the delicious pecans it produces, so this recipe definitely represents Georgia. The pecan flavor comes through nicely in this cake.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + cooling YIELD:16 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- Fresh fruit, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Beat on low speed just until blended. Fold in pecans.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve with fruit if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 436 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 242 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC