Caramel Pecan Pound Cake Recipe
My state is known for the delicious pecans it produces, so this recipe definitely represents Georgia. The pecan flavor comes through nicely in this cake.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- Fresh fruit, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Beat on low speed just until blended. Fold in pecans.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve with fruit if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 436 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 242 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Pecan Pound Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC