My state is known for the delicious pecans it produces, so this recipe definitely represents Georgia. The pecan flavor comes through nicely in this cake.
Recommended: 78 Christmas Potluck Desserts for 12 or More
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- Fresh fruit, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Beat on low speed just until blended. Fold in pecans.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve with fruit if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Caramel Pecan Pound Cake in Country Extra March 2001, p49
Reviews for Caramel Pecan Pound Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2011
"It was good. I did change it and add 2 cups pecans. I will make it again but it just didn't have that "WOW" that I look for in recipes. It's alot like the Rum cake recipe I got from a Taste of Home mag."
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2011
"I've made four times since June!"