Caramel Pecan Pie Recipe
- 36 caramels
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- Frozen deep-dish pie shell
- Pecan halves, optional
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the caramels, water and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until caramels are melted. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. Gradually add caramel mixture. Stir in chopped pecans. Pour into pie shell. If desired, arrange pecan halves over filling.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Caramel Pecan Pie
Sort By :
"I have made this pie several times since it was published. It is always a winner and my mom and I have not eaten another pecan pie that lives up! Just made another one this year for a Christmas get-together.."
"This pie is awesome! It's easy to make and will be quickly eaten up as the taste has a good balance between the pecans and caramel. I made this for Thanksgiving and have already made 3 more for holiday events."
"My husband is a pecan pie fan. I found this recipe more than 5 years ago and have made it for every holiday for him. The entire family enjoys it. GREAT recipe!"
"I'm not a pecan pie eater, but after this recipe came out in the magazine and I showed it to my husband I have had to make it for every holiday since then. My sis in law says it isn't a holiday meal if I don't bring this pie. It is very easy to make and my husband says the toasted almonds is what really sets this pie apart from other pecan pies."
"The best pecan pie I've made so far! I loved the caramel filling! This was the first dessert devoured at a recent Thanksgiving dinner!"