Caramel Pecan Pie Recipe
- 36 caramels
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- Frozen deep-dish pie shell
- Pecan halves, optional
- 1. In a small heavy saucepan, combine the caramels, water and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until caramels are melted. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. Gradually add caramel mixture. Stir in chopped pecans. Pour into pie shell. If desired, arrange pecan halves over filling.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Caramel Pecan Pie
"My whole family loves this pie. Wonderful caramel and pecans!!!!"
"I'm not a pecan pie eater, but after this recipe came out in the magazine and I showed it to my husband I have had to make it for every holiday since then. My sis in law says it isn't a holiday meal if I don't bring this pie. It is very easy to make and my husband says the toasted almonds is what really sets this pie apart from other pecan pies."
"The filling curdeld and was runny."
"I made this pie and added choc chips and woodford reserve bourbon. It was great. I will be making this again for New Year's."
"Excellent, easy...even for someone who can't make pie!"
"I made this for Thanksgiving for my guests and they all loved it."
"And no, I don't pre-bake the shell."
"Do you pre-bake the pie shell?"
"Wow, This is one of the best pies I have ever made. I have now made it several times and my guest just go crazy over it, not to mention my boyfriend and kids just love it.. it is a must try and a keeper for sure..."
"Have made it twice this week due to the demand for more. Really good!!"
"Absolutely delicious, and so very easy to make. This is going to become a holiday staple. I might make another for Christmas."
"This pecan pie really is the best. I've made different kinds of pecan pies--the traditional, ones with chocolate, etc., and this one is by far my favorite. Ever since I discovered this recipe, I've been making it every year for Thanksgiving. It's SO easy, and it's really good and rich. I LOVE it! Definitely gotta try this!"
"Quick and easy version of pecan pie minus the traditional corn syrup! Aside from the caramels, most cooks have these ingredients in their cupboards. Taste is good and unique. I'd make it again."